Friday 27 August 2010

InStyle Stamps Monthly Blog Hop

Hello all, sorry I've not posted for a few days but have had very little inspiration and it would seem the Holiday mood is still here. But I have managed to do a few cards and projects which I'll show over the next few days.
Its Friday and its the last one for August which means its Blog Hop time at InStyle Stamps. If you have popped here first and want to hop through go back to here and begin.
However, you may have hopped here from the lovely Barbara.
Now here is my Project. The theme for this month is End of Summer. To me that means Autumn, shorter days and My Birthday!!!!!!!
For My project I have used Summer Tilly. I love this image it is so childlike, its really adorable, and is one of the recent releases from InStyle Stamps Digi Images
This first part of my project is a mini scrap book, something to keep those treasure memories and photos in.
I used some MME Papers, and teamed it with chocolate coloured flowers from Papermania, and some Prima Flowers, layers and attached using a Papermania Pearl Brad, and some swirls to add detail and interest.
I also rooted around in my stash and used a ribbon slider I have had for years!
Doesn't Tilly look sweet, skipping around the cover!
I then thought it would be nice to have a bag to keep the scrapbook in and maybe even some mementos of the summer. I used my own designer satchel, and covered it using the same MME Papers.

Cropping images seems to be the thing at the moment so I cropped Tilly and mounted be onto a scallop circle which was then attached to the front of the bag.

I then stamped, punched and inked some little letters to create a title for the project.


The flowers were created in the same way as the mini book, and attached to the front of the bag.
I then attached a ribbon for the handle, and used some velcro for the fastening!

Here is the final project.

I really hope you like it!! If you do make sure you vote over at the InStyle Stamps blog!!!!!

Also leave a comment and you could win a $25 goodie bag from InStyle Stamps.

Now continue Hopping along and see what the fabulous Patti has for you.

Take care and Enjoy

Hugs Sarah B X

19 comments:

  1. Holy toads, Sarah! That satchel is to die for!!! Love your whole project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love that mini scrapbook. Great gift idea. How did you make it? Did you simply cover an existing book or did you create it yourself! I'm off on hols next week and want to make a memory keepsake thing when we come back and have been wondering what to do!
    TFS
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZERS!! That satchel is amazing! Such a fabulous Duo! love your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my gosh this is SOOOOOOOOOO adorable!! You can send this my way as these are my favorite colors!!! Green and Brown!! I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your project! I like the image of Summer Tilly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! I love the satchel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhhhhhhh how very very adorable!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful projects! I love the colors that you've chosen.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG...what a great set of projects Sarah! I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. pack this bag and come on over to my place its adorable they both are well done

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so cute. Tilly is adorable. The satchel is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like it! Wow! I like the bag!!! The colors ... WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are so patient! Love the letters you stamped and edge!
    Wonderful projects.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun projects you've made! I love the mini scrapbook and the satchel to keep it in is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! How cool!!!! They are AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Sarah, these are wonderful, love the colour scheme.x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Eeks! This mini scrap book and holder just makes me giddy. This is JUST wowzers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so adorable!

    Thank you so much for sharing!!!

    ~Ola
    okj83 at live dot com

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for commenting, leave a link and I'll pop by XX