Tuesday 4 May 2010

OMG!!!!!!!FABULOUS NEWS REVEALED!!!!!!!!

I could not believe it. I bought the Swiss Pixie Kit a few weeks ago and then e-mail Christine to say how much I loved them and if she had time would she have a look at my blog as I am quite obsessed with CC Designs, they have to be my all time favourites. and guess what happened!!!!!
She invited me to be Guest Designer for All that Scraps for the month of May!!!!!!!!! I was so thrilled, to say the least. I thought about it not !!!!!!!!
So she sent me the May releases. I have to create at least 8 projects throughout the month and send photos!!!! Not much really so over the next month you will see what I create here.
This is my First creation.....
I used the COOKIE CRUMBS SPECIAL DAY COLLECTION, there are 7 sentiments, and 4 images.
here I have only used 1 image and 1 sentiment. I have a lot planned for this set.
I wanted to keep it really simple and sophisticated. I stamped the image and then created the card, choosing the colours first. The creamy card is from a Core-ordinates set I have and the base card is pearlescent, although it doesn't really show well on the photos. I used a favourite Martha Stewart Punch around the page set for the mats, and nesties for the image mat.

I coloured the bride using my promarkers, she was so simple to do , I love it!!!! I added some pearls to her dress so the whole card was tied together.

Then I layered up the sentiment, using a nestie and pricking tool. I also layered up some retro flowers, once crumpled. I bought the Pretties Kit from Stampin' Up and thought the hat pins were ideal to use here, amongst the flowers, then I finished off m bloom with some old paper roses.

There is quite a bit of dimension on this card.
I didn't stop at a card though. I felt I needed to create a box. So I made a gift box using my Score-Pal and this was the result......


All the same items were used, apart from the hat pins, instead I used some threaded pearls.

I created a tag, using the sentiment and tied it to the box using some cord from my stash.

Here is the whole set together.
You can see my projects each Monday over at All that Scraps and then here on a Tuesday. I'm so excited, thanks for popping by a supporting me, I wouldn't be doing this if it wasnt for all the encouragement I get from people who comment and vist me.
Hugs Sarah B X

13 comments:

  1. Woohooo congrats on being guest DT. Your creations are beautiful, love the simple colours and all the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah

    Congratulations on your GD spot and what a fabulous creation. Love the colours you have chosen to use.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these are stunning and congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful set Sarah. I love the colours and you really have created a sophisticated feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sarah well done you!! You deserve it your cards are STUNNING! I love this one, the colours are so subtle - beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good on you for taking the initiative, and well done. Your bridal ensemble is absolutely stunning! Your blog work rocks i am not surprised that she scooped you up.
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful. I love the colours and the image is so cute. Congratulations on your Guest Designer spot. You obviously deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning Sarah .. no wonder you were chosen to be Guest Designer .. thoroughly well deserved.
    Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Sarah, really pretty. Love the creams you have used. Love Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow wow wow....Sarah, absolutely stunning and I really love the colour you chose to use.

    Congratulations on your Guest Designer spot, I will be checking each week to see your projects, I already know they will be absolutely fabulous!!

    Mandy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful addition to the DT at All That Scraps! Your artwork is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Sarah!! Well done, but so deserved, I love the colour you have used for this bride, beautifully elegant.
    Hugs Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous creations and lovely colours Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for commenting, leave a link and I'll pop by XX