Saturday 31 July 2010

Project Inspired by Amy R

I was really inspired by the previews this week over at All That Scraps. Amy R created a really Clean and Simple card using the new Words.
So I created this box, but with a difference.
I was playing with a piece of card, well two actually and made this.
The base cardstock was from my stash but the other cardstock is from Stampin Up - Rose Red, Night of Navy and Old Olive. I think they really work well together. The ribbon are also Stampin' Up. There is Rose Red Stitched Grosgrain, and Old Olive and Bashful Blue Grosgrain.
I coloured the image FRIEND using the same technique that Amy shows in her video, here

This is a Jules' Bow!!!

Now you open the front flap, which is held down with Velcro. and another flap is revealed.

This open opens the box or holder, to reveal..........

6 Square Cards and Envelopes.
Really simple. Stamp the word, colour, mat and layer. I don't think I have ever made a card so simply, but I really like it. I made these so I have a stash at work, when I forget or don't know peoples' birthdays. I will be making many more.
Hope you like.
Remember to pop back tomorrow for a mammoth blog hop!!!!
Hugs Sarah B X

7 comments:

  1. These are fab Sarah. Sometimes simple is the way to go. I know I love the CAS look!
    Enjoy your weekend!
    Hugs, Vicky ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the cards and box are great! Love the CAS look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like CAS cards and these are great. That box is brill too.
    TFS
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW: Love this Sarah! :) Great box and set of cards.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    Alex x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, this is such a beautiful set, absolutely stunning!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah. I love this! It is just adorable and now I have to try it. Like you I have been a big fan of Amy's for over a year now. She is super talented, and I see that you are too. I can not wait to explore your blog. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Lisa g

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is completely stunning! I love the simple layout and clean lines. If I tried to make something with this much white it would be covered in smudge marks and glue boogers I think :0) Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for commenting, leave a link and I'll pop by XX