Thursday 22 January 2009

Class Cards!

Well its been so busy this week and stressful, have mock SATs next week and I'm pulling my hair out trying to get the children to remember things, too much for some and very unfair for others. Its so hard watching children go through the stress of tests. Standing there not being able to help when you know they are struggling is heartbreaking.

Anyway on a lighter note, I met with my After School Craft Club today and all I can say is WOW! They did so well. They all choose whether they wanted to make a card for a boy or girl, we talked about thinking of any birthdays coming up soon. Decision made, they then have to choose colours which matched. I think they all did really well, (sometimes children do tend to choose outrageous colours don't they!!)

We battled through double sided sticky tape and sticky buds, there were a couple of mishaps with the cards being the wrong way round, but I assured them this was a regular occurrence with many of us experienced crafters still !!!

The results were fantastic, the added extra that one of the little creative angels came up with was the torn piece of paper on the right of the card, underneath the sentiment, saying that it would look like a ribbon.


Aren't they brill, spot the deliberate mistakes!! Our future crafters.

Let me know what you think, leave me a comment and I can get back to you!!!

Bye til tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Aww Sarah, these are great!!! Signed up any future SU demos???? I know it must be hard with the SATS, Ross has his next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, these are fab, I run a club at lunchtime for cardmaking and papercraft, I had so many children interested I run two sessions a week, even then I had to turn some away!! I have 12 in each session. We have been making ATCs this week. It's great to watch them make their projects and see the fab things they come up with!!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids did a great job - they have a fabulous teacher! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for commenting, leave a link and I'll pop by XX