Tuesday 27 October 2009

Halloween Countdown: Day 1

I love Halloween and have always had Parties for my children, although they say they are getting a little old I still like to make them goodies and decorate a little.
Over the next few days I thought I would share with you the things I have been making.
So Here is Day 1: A Gooey Goodie Box.

This gorgeous box was created using some of my "Dome" goodies. First of all the Box is a Sizzix Bigz XL die and I'm thrilled that they have brought out a substantial box, you will definitely be seeing more of these.

I cut it out in Orange Cardstock and inked all the edges using Black ink. Then I cut out some Bazzill Bling Mats and some Old Olive Mats - these Emily stamped using an Elzybells Cobweb stamp in both black and white ink, I think she did a fab job, and she really enjoyed doing it although she won't admit it. The edges were inked and stuck to the black mats.


I used my new Martha Stewart Goo Border Punch, Ohhhhhh I love it such a versatile tool!!!! I then wrapped Orange Gingham Ribbon - from my stash, around it and stuck it down to the mats.

I also used a little bit of ribbon to made a pull tab. I tied a false bow to the front piece and attached a few jump rings and charm, from Bunny Zoe's.


Can you believe I have had this cute stamp since they were released, from CC Designs, but had not inked her up til yesterday. I coloured her using my Copics. Cut her out using a nestie, inked the edges and stamped the same Cobweb stamp around the edges along with the little spider.


And finally a dimensional shot!!
I hope you like, Pop back tomorrow for Day2.
Have a lovely Day, I'm feeling so much better today so hopefully having a full day crafting.
Hugs Sarah B X

6 comments:

  1. You must be feeling better, to have created such a super box.
    love
    Jackie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, if this is just the first for the week, I can't wait to see what is to come! What's the name of the die? It looks fairly large and can't see any XL dies that can create this shape!
    TFS
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet, we love Halloween in our house and always have a couple of friend round for a party so lot of prep going on here too.

    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a FAB creation Sarah, I really love what youve done with the box, it is simply stunning!
    Keryn :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, I looooove this box! Super adorable. CC Designs are soo cute and you colored her perfectly. Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! This is so gorgeous and so much detail!! (good to know those new sizzix boxes are a good size!!) I'm sure this will be a hit!!
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for commenting, leave a link and I'll pop by XX