Friday 23 July 2010

Leaving Card 1

It was an emotional day yesterday. I said goodbye to a class I taught as Year 5s, to my Year 3 Class, to a student and to a Headteacher, who gave me my first teaching job!!!
I used one of my favourite Manga Images from Sugar Nellie, for this card. It was from all the staff at school to a Teacher who has worked at the school as PPA Cover and as a GTP Student. She is lovely and has been a god send when it has come to PE lessons.
I do like this luscious Organza ribbon from my stash.
I used my Fruit Smoothie Alphabet Sizzlet Set for the lettering, along with some lovely Daisy Bucket papers, from Dies to Die For.
And here is the finished school. I very simple card, it was quite a big card, measuring 8" Square, There were a lot of names to go on it.
Hope you like.
I have the Headteacher's leaving card to share tomorrow and then another 2 exciting posts on Sunday.
I have had a really relaxing day. It was so nice not to have to get up or dressed!!!!
Hugs Sarah B X

4 comments:

  1. That's a great card. I bet it was an emotional day - the last day of term always is when you have to say goodbyes. Just you wait until it's you who is leaving, it gets worse!
    TFS
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a big card, great too! It's not easy saying goodbye, I didn't like saying it when I left work and moved away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Sarah, really love the layout and the colouring of the image is great!

    All the year 6 pupils (including most of the boys and parents) were crying and sobbing today at the end of school. We had a lot of goodbyes too with one family we are really close to emigrating next week to New Zealand.

    Hope you enjoy your pyjama days!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous card Sarah, love the image and it works really well on this bigger sizeed card. Beautiful papers too.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for commenting, leave a link and I'll pop by XX